Ingredients for 2 servings:
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
½ carrot, diced (30g)
½ onion, diced (30g)
½ tsp olive oil
2 sage leaves
2 bay leaves
270g beans cooking liquid, or water
200g cooked beans
1 tsp tomato concentrate (5g)
100g pasta tricolore, or other pasta
– Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add in the garlic, the carrots and the onions, and gently fry them until translucent and slightly browned (about 5 minutes).
– Add in the sage and bay leaves, the beans, and salt and pepper to taste. Add in the beans cooking liquid, the tomato concentrate, and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
– Remove the bay leaves, blend the ingredients into a smooth sauce, and season to taste.
– Cook the pasta in a pan of salted water until al dente.
– Pour a generous layer of bean sauce into a pasta dish, add the pasta onto the sauce, and serve with olive oil and black pepper, if liked.
– Any kind of bean will work with this recipe, but Italian beans like borlotti or cannellini yield a more authentic result.
The post on the website will be published as soon as possible.
Handmade plating dish provided by the super-talented artist Kari Ytterdal. Make sure to check her shop
★Amazon Prime Series: