-2¼ cups self raising flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-3 teaspoons cinnamon
-½ teaspoon nutmeg
-1 teaspoon salt
-½ cup applesauce
-1 cup soy milk
-2 teaspoons vanilla essence
-1 cup caster sugar
-½ cup (melted) coconut oil
-2 cups grated carrots, tightly-packed
-1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
-1x 225g tub of Tofutti cream cheese
-1/2 cup vegan butter
-3 1/2 cups icing sugar
– Lemon juice
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
– Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl, and stir to combine.
– In a separate bowl, combine the applesauce, soy milk, sugar, salt, coconut oil, and vanilla essence. Add the dry ingredients and mix.
– Fold the carrots and 1 cup of the walnuts in, and stir until just combined. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Grease a 6×9 inch (or roundabout) cake tin, and bake cake mix for around 40 mins, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to completely cool before frosting:
– Slightly soften butter and Tofutti cream cheese, and beat vigorously until soft and creamy.
– Gradually beat in icing sugar, and add a squeeze or two of lemon- the final mixture should be thick and spreadable, so continue to add icing sugar until it reaches desired consistency. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Ice and decorate!
Shot on Panasonic G7.
♫Music by Dj Quads♫