Follow me on:
My Vegan “Pepperoni” Pizza video 🍕
Hope you enjoy!
• 80 g (each) of red capsicum, red onion, baby carrot, and peeped beetroot
• 1/4 cup chickpea flour
• 1 cup vital wheat gluten flour
• 1 cup water
• 2 tbs tahini
Seasonings: • 2 tsp salt • 3 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp sage
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1/4 cup hot sauce (I use sriracha)
• 1/2 tbs liquid smoke
And the rest is pretty simple:
• (shop-bought) vegan pizza dough or make your own if you have the time
• tomato sauce or pizza sauce
• vegan mozzarella cheese (check out the recipe video on my feed or buy some from the stores)
• fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Roast all vegetables in the oven at 200 for an hour or until they’re softened.
2. In a large bowl/ jar mix together water , tahini, and all the seasonings before adding roasted vegetables and blend or purée until smooth.
3. Add chickpea flour to the purée, mix well before adding vital wheat gluten flour.
4. Continue to mix until everything is well combined. Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
5. Divide your soon to be fakeroni into two portions and form each one in the shape of a pepperoni using tin foil. Seal both ends, make sure they’re tight and snug. Then bake your seitan-to-be at 375 for an hour.
6. Unwrap your fakeroni and allow to cool completely before refrigerate for a couple hours before slicing them up.
7. Roll out your pizza dough, evenly distribute pizza sauce on the dough before baking at 375 for about 7-10 minutes or until it looks half cooked as shown in the video.
8. Take your half cooked pizza from the oven and add vegan mozzarella, followed by your fakeroni. Continue to bake until golden brown.
9. Indulge. 🍕 🌱 .
#vegan #vegancommunity #veganrecipes #healthychoices #govegan #veganism #veganlunch #homecooking #easycooking #healthyfoodporn #veganfoodvideos #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #letscookvegan #instafood #veganvideos #vegancooking #vegandinner #veganfoodporn @peta @mercyforanimals #veganeats #foodporn #herbivore #plantbased #recipevideo #foodvideos #whatveganeats #simplecooking #plantbasedfood #healthyvegan
Happy Strummin by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license ()